Thursday 1 September 2011

Rory's view Part two (continued)

Here's the continued part two of Rory's View, a feature which charts a part of an episode from Rory's point of view
PART TWO (CONTINUED): THE VAMPIRES OF VENICE

The next thing I know, I'm inside the Doctor's spaceship, the TARDIS, with him and Amy. So good to see Amy again! As the Doctor rambles on about "the life out there devouring relationships" while under the floor, the TARDIS sparks behind me. I'm sure feeling good right now. Amy is looking her normal self, HOT, as she walks up and down, pacing. I look down through the glass floor at the Doctor as he says, "I'm sending you somewhere.... together."
Amy seems a bit.... Flabbergasted. The Doctor is now rambling about "amazing" places. This or tokens he says.
"It's another dimension." I say as the Doctor is about to explain. I explained to him how I knew without him telling me.
"I like the bit when someone says 'it's bigger on the inside'." Sorry Doctor, we're getting smarter now. I seem to have disappointed him slightly. The Doctor pulls a lever to "Somewhere romantic."

We land in Venice. The Doctor starts going on about its history. I keep nearly walking into people, it's that busy. I look about me, amazed. "You owe Casanova a chicken?" I ask in surprise as the Doctor checks his watch. What is on that watch? "Long story. We had a bet," he replies.
Someone stops us and asks for our papers. The Doctor shows him something. He's calling the Doctor "Your Holiness." and Amy is "Viscountess" What? I take the paper from the man's hand and read it.
"According to this, I am your eunuch!" I exclaim in slight disappointment. Amy says she'll explain later. I wonder if she will. I catch up with the Doctor and Amy as they lean over a stone railing beside a canal. We watch, on the opposite bank, as someone looks for their daughter. He falls to the floor and I wonder why and what he'd seen.
Amy notices the Doctor has left and I wonder if she really does want to marry me or the Doctor.

I ask Amy what she's been doing as we walk along.
"Well.... Running. And fighting. I've been scared. More scared then I thought was..."
I cut in. "Did you miss me?"
"I knew I'd be coming back." She punches me lightly on the arm.
"He was right. It blots out everything else." I say, saddened slightly. Then, after a little bit of Amy talking, I say, "We are in Venice and it is 1580." We laugh together. I am enjoying this.
I am about to take a picture of Amy when we hear a scream. I follow Amy as she runs towards it. My first thought when we got there was "Oh. My. God. That is a vampire." He was biting a girl's neck before he ran off! I check her over and I am about to ask her some questions when Amy runs after the "vampire."
When I catch up with Amy again she is jumping about with the Doctor.
"We think we just saw a vampire!"
"Yeah, yeah, I know. Amy was just telling me."
"The Doctor actually went to their house."
I feel shunned out. "What?! Back in where?" I ask as the Doctor says "We need to get back in somehow."
Amy and the Doctor are planning on a map with the Doctor's new friend. I sit watching.
"You need someone on the inside."
"No."
"You don't even know what I was going to say!"
"That we pretend you're an applicant for the school to get you inside, and tonight you come down and open the trapdoor to let us in." Is the unfolding conversation between my wife-to-hopefully-if-we-live-to-be and the Doctor.
"Are you insane?" I ask Amy.
"We don't have another option." She retaliates.
""He said no, Amy. Listen to him."
The Doctor's friend says there is another option  and points my direction. I am confused. My eyes are wide when the Doctor says I'm sitting in front of gunpowder.  I shuffle away and walk into a rabbit hung up. I sigh as Amy seems determined to go in.
"Say you're my daughter."
"What?! Don't listen to him!"
"Your daughter?! You look about nine!" Amy says.
"Brother then."
"Too weird. Fiancee." What? Amy!
"I'm not having him run around telling people he's your fiancee!"
Amy says I'm right and says I  should do it.
"Me?"
"Yeah! You could be my brother." Why can't I be her fiancee, like I actually am?
"Why is him being your brother weird, but with me, it's OK?"
The Doctor's friend points out the obvious saying that I ACTUALLY am her fiancee. He doesn't help in the slightest.
"This whole thing is mental. They're vampires for God's sake!" I say, trying to knock sense into them.
"We hope."
Oh dear.

"So, basically, both of our parents are dead from getting the plague. I'm a gondola....driver...so....money's a bit tight...so having my...sister... go to your school for special people would be brilliant. Cheers." I say uneasily as I confront the people/vampires/what-ever-they-may-be that are the "heads" of the school as it were. I feel stupid. The man seems to know he's seen Amy before. I try to explain.
Amy is accepted after a little bit of awkwardness and I'm bundled out of the building.

"She'll be fine."
"You can promise me that, can you?" I ask as the Doctor and I sit in a gondola.
We arrive at the school a few minutes later. The Doctor says he's going first and that I go back if anything happens to him. I ask about when Amy kissed him. We exchange a few words about why we had to this now. We carry on walking as the Doctor explains.
We climb out of the trapdoor and start to look for Amy.
"I can't see a thing"
"Just as well I brought this then." I bring out a pocket torch
"Ultraviolet. Portable sunlight." The Doctor gets out an ultraviolet light.
Awkward...

I start to talk about what would happen if we cancelled the wedding now when the Doctor finds a desiccated body. "What happened to them?" I ask. "That's what vampires do, isn't it? They drink your blood and replace it with their own."
"Yeah, except these people haven't just had their blood taken, but all the water in their entire bodies."
"Why did they die? Why aren't they like the girls in the school?"
"Maybe not everyone survives the process."
I worry about Amy. A lot.
"You know what's dangerous about you? It's not that you make people take risks. It's that you make them want to impress you. You make it so they don't want to let you down. You have no idea how dangerous you make people to themselves when you're around." I say out of anger. Then, suddenly, creepy vampire girls. The Doctor uses his sunlight stick. Then we run.
We run into the vampire head people again
"Cab for Amy Pond?"
We get surrounded so the Doctor uses his sunlight stick again and Amy reaches us. I am so glad to see her. We escape because of someone who came with Amy. She leads us away.
Amy breaks the news that they're actually aliens.
"That's good news? What is wrong with you people?!"
We run from the vampire aliens out of the school. Amy's friend was the daughter of the Doctor's friend it seems. And the Doctor has just got electrocuted so I see if he's OK.

The Doctor has returned after talking at the school again and has just scanned Amy's neck. She's fine thank God and the Doctor gives her a sweet thing. The Doctor tries to think and cover mine and Amy's mouth and I cover Guido's mouth as the Doctor theorises. When he lets us speak again, we help him with his theories.
The fish/vampire girls are floating outside the window and the Doctor hs his sunlight stick out as they break the window. He sonics them and discovers they've all been converted. We run outside then Guido blows up his house. And kills himself.
The Doctor is now telling Amy that she does what he says. "Thank you." I say. We run off into the city and run into Francesco and offend him to get his attention off of Amy. He turns after I say "The only thing uglier then you is your mum!" He looks angry and I use a broom as a sword. Then he draws his real one so I use the broom to defend myself. It gets chopped in half. I fall to the floor and he leaps onto me and Amy disintegrates him him her mirror. Me and Amy kiss. I was surprised.
"Now we go help the Doctor."

We find him in the school and he tells us to get out.
"We're not leaving you." I say
"Oh, so one minutes it's a 'You make people a danger to themselves,' and the next is 'we're not leaving you!' But if one of you gets squashed or blown up or eaten who gets...." A crash like an earthquake and we all fall to the floor. OK, it was "A bit of an earthquake."
The Doctor tells me and Amy to rip all the wires out of Rosanna's throne. so we do. I find it fun. We finish, go outside and see the Doctor climbing up the side of a building and urge him on. He deactivates the machine and stops the storm. Everyone starts to cheer him on, me and Amy included.

As we leave towards the TARDIS, I tell the Doctor to drop me back home. Amy says I should stay so I accept.
"We are not her boys!"
"Yeah, we are!"
Then, as I entered, the Doctor asked what I could hear. I replied:
"All I can hear is silence."

No comments:

Post a Comment